Monday, March 16, 2009

Life is a cycle


Do you believe that life is a cycle? I am starting to. One day, I met one of the most important, if not the most important person in my life. I was 12 and he was 14 years old. He was my neighbor, I went through life until that fateful day in March, without ever noticing the house in the corner or its inhabitants. One sunny summer afternoon, I was sitting across the street from my house and my friends decided to introduce me to him. He was a lanky 14 year old boy with the most amazing and lively eyes and smile I had ever seen in my life, and I was lost forever. I couldn't stop thinking about him after that. I was in love, totally and hopelessly in love with a boy I had met a week before. I told him, and he behaved like a gentleman, very unlikely for a 14 year old to do so. He asked me if we could be friends. That was the most remarkable and life-changing year of my life, before my father decided to move us away to a far away paradise. Everybody was so happy for me, and I was the most miserable being in the planet. We stayed in touch, we wrote and then he disappeared. This happened several times, he would fall off the planet and I would find him. Now, 20 years later, we are still in touch. Not only that, I saw him again for the first time since that year, so long ago. I realized when we met again, that I still love him with all my heart. He was in a deteriorating relationship that just ended now. In a matter of months I will be moving back home, which means we will continue to see each other and I cannot tell you how excited I am about that. 
I don't even know how he feels about me, but I know that I love him and I have not been able to forget everything he means to me. I haven't found anyone who can make me feel as special as he has without ever touching me or insinuating anything. 
Do you believe life is a cycle? I'd like to think so...

No comments: